Thursday 18 January 2024

Chapter 15 - Should a scene be cut?

 An extract from my Work In Progress 'Nicholas' waiting to be cut!

I feel this is a good scene, but it would make one of my characters a murderer and I'm not sure I should... the scene might yet get cut... does anyone think the scene should be kept in? There's time to save it if you send a reply... to carol.m.mottershead@gmail.com -

I" believed he was my love, for the rest of my life. I can’t believe how I can still be hurt by his memory. The loss of my friend... and lover... he can still hurt me... yet he is no longer the one causing me the pain, it is myself! Why? Other than let him kill me, I did everything I could to try to make things work between us. I had to survive him. To wake up every morning wishing you hadn’t... it couldn’t go on. It was me or him in the end and I had every reason to live now... my child... the child now growing inside me... the child he will never get to know, the child he must never meet. For now, my only reason for living is to look after my baby, our baby... it is the only good thing to come out of this horrible mess!  I’ll make sure he has the best life I can give him. He is my priority... I would give my life for my child..."


Have you read 'Joan put on a happy face' by Carol M Mottershead?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so excited!

I'm so excited! I'm so excited and I just can't keep this to myself, but I've finally finished the first draft of my next bo...